Skip to main content

Busy Sunday

We all got up by 8am today (I know, wow, so early) so that we could get ready to go to the twins' pre-school (St. Andrews) for church service. The twins were going to be singing two songs with other kids from the pre-school at 10:30am. Grandmom, Mom Mom and Pop Pop all made it to the church on time and got to see them "perform" You Are My Sunshine and If You're Happy and You Know It. Pop Pop wasn't feeling too well, so he and Mom Mom left immediately after the songs were over. I ended up taking Adrian into the nursery area so he could play and talk because that's all he wanted to do in the pew!

By the time everything was over and we had collected the kids together, it was about noon. So we went to the Silver Diner in Cherry Hill for brunch. Angie wanted to take the kids to see Monsters vs. Aliens so we checked movie times and the 3-D version was playing at 1:45pm. It was already about 1 o'clock, so I called my parents to see if they would let Adrian take his nap at their house while the rest of us went out and had a good time. Not that taking care of Adrian isn't a good time or anything. :-)

Mom Mom said it would be OK. Grandmom had to get back home to Bob, so she opted not to go to the movie. So we dropped Adrian at my parents' house and got back to the theater by about 1:25 or so. As soon as we got in line, Angie read the sign above the ticket counter that said "Monsters vs Aliens 3D, 1:45pm - SOLD OUT." The next 3-D showing wasn't until 4:30pm, so that was out of the question. We ended up buying tickets for the 2:30pm showing of the "regular" version of the movie instead.

I think we all enjoyed it. Angie gave it 3 1/2 snores; I caught her dozing off after the first 30 minutes or so. She says she enjoyed it and was just overly tired, but I'm not so sure. There are a lot of celebrity voices in it: Keifer Sutherland, Reese Witherspoon, Renee Zellwegger, Stephen Colbert, Seth Rogen, Hugh Laurie, etc. And there were moments that had me laughing out loud, so that's pretty good in my book.

After the movie we went back to my parents' house and hung out for a while, chatting. My brother was visiting so the kids got to play with Uncle Ryan for a bit. On the way home, we ordered a pizza and had everyone in bed by 8pm.

Tomorrow Angie has a busy Monday with the kids. After I get home from work, we have to get the twins ready for T-Ball practice at 6:30pm. Lovely. They are Soooooo not looking forward to it!

I'll post some videos of the twins singing at today's church service as soon as I get the videos off the camera and uploaded to YouTube.


Anonymous said…
Awe sounds like you guys had a very fulfilling day. I can't wait to see the video's that had to have been really cute!
Anonymous Matt said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous Matt said…
Busy Sunday, leave church in the late afternoon
Call grandmom just to see what's she's doin.
"What up grams?"
"Yo Hampton what's crackin?"
"You thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Man it's happ'nin!"

Aunt Rachel took Ryan to see MvA 3D. Pam and Sean were going to take Sean but he was a miserable turd. So she took him shopping.

Popular posts from this blog

2005 Chrysler Town & Country Sliding Door Fix

Our driver's side power sliding door has been acting up over the past year or so.  When you press the button inside the van or use the remote key chain fob to open the door, it will usually only open a few inches and then quit.  When it first started happening it would open pretty far and then quit, so I squirted some WD-40 inside the tracks thinking that something was blocking it.  That actually seemed to buy us some time because it started working again after that.  Over the past few months, though, the door was basically not powered anymore.  It would occasionally open about 2 inches and then stop.  Once open, it wouldn't even attempt to close when you pressed the button.  And if you manually closed the door, you really had to slam it because the motor wasn't taking over to close it all the way (you'll know what I'm talking about if you have one of these).

A side effect of this problem was that our power door locks also stopped working within the past two days o…


Last year (July 2014) I took the PCI Professional online course and passed the exam at a Pearson VUE testing center in Mt. Laurel, NJ.  This year I had to take the PCI-Internal Security Assessor course because it became a requirement at my place of employment.  This past Friday I passed the exam at Pearson VUE so I am now a certified PCI-ISA, and I still hold my PCI Professional title as well.  The PCI-ISA certification lasts only one year, so I'll have to re-certify each year, but the PCI-P certification lasts three years.

I felt that these two tests had a lot of overlap, so if you already have the PCI-P certification I would highly recommend going for the PCI-ISA certification if your company is a PCI participating organization and will sponsor you.  The PCI-ISA certification is only valid as long as you work for the sponsoring company.  So if I quit tomorrow or get laid off, I lose the PCI-ISA cert.

If you are taking the PCI-ISA course now and are getting ready to take the exam…

Bring Your Kids to Work Day


Adrian and Cameron in the city...