Skip to main content


Angie and I were awakened bright and early on Easter Sunday (around 6am) by the twins. I kindly asked them to go back to bed and "try to go to sleep for a little bit." That lasted about 30 minutes, so who am I to complain? So around 6:30am, we got Adrian out of bed and walked downstairs to find that the Easter Bunny had left three Easter baskets on the kitchen table! Everyone was excited, to say the least.

Then around 10:30 or so, my parents came over and dropped off three huge Easter baskets that the Easter bunny had left at their house! Holy smokes!

I checked out my parents' new used (2008) Chrysler Pacifica, which was really nice. We had a nice brief visit, but Angie and I had to get the kids on the road by 11:30am so we could go pick up Angie's mom and head down to Wildwood for an early "dinner" at 1:30pm at Menz's restaurant. We met up with Uncle Seth and Aunt Ann at the restaurant and had a very nice dinner. It started off a bit rocky with the kids, but once everyone got situated, they were all right. The Easter Bunny was walking around, so I think that helped keep them occupied (well, that and the endless supply of mini-crackers, muffins, and rolls).

After "linner" we drove to Ocean City and walked on the boardwalk. According to the temp reading in the mini-van, it was in the mid-50's. But the wind made it feel a bit colder. We parked around 9th Street and walked down to Gillian's Wonderland pier so we could buy some 1/2 price tickets. I spent $20 and used almost all of the tickets so the kids could go on some rides. We picked up another block of tickets on the way out, and we'll probably use them over the summer.

Everyone had a really nice time - we even got some ice cream at Kohr Bros. before we left and sat on the Music Pier for a little while. Around 6:30pm, we got back on the road for the long ride home. We dropped Grandmom off at her house and were home by 8pm, which isn't so bad. The kids were all in bed by 8:15.

So that was our day... Happy Easter!


Popular posts from this blog

2005 Chrysler Town & Country Sliding Door Fix

Our driver's side power sliding door has been acting up over the past year or so.  When you press the button inside the van or use the remote key chain fob to open the door, it will usually only open a few inches and then quit.  When it first started happening it would open pretty far and then quit, so I squirted some WD-40 inside the tracks thinking that something was blocking it.  That actually seemed to buy us some time because it started working again after that.  Over the past few months, though, the door was basically not powered anymore.  It would occasionally open about 2 inches and then stop.  Once open, it wouldn't even attempt to close when you pressed the button.  And if you manually closed the door, you really had to slam it because the motor wasn't taking over to close it all the way (you'll know what I'm talking about if you have one of these).

A side effect of this problem was that our power door locks also stopped working within the past two days o…


Last year (July 2014) I took the PCI Professional online course and passed the exam at a Pearson VUE testing center in Mt. Laurel, NJ.  This year I had to take the PCI-Internal Security Assessor course because it became a requirement at my place of employment.  This past Friday I passed the exam at Pearson VUE so I am now a certified PCI-ISA, and I still hold my PCI Professional title as well.  The PCI-ISA certification lasts only one year, so I'll have to re-certify each year, but the PCI-P certification lasts three years.

I felt that these two tests had a lot of overlap, so if you already have the PCI-P certification I would highly recommend going for the PCI-ISA certification if your company is a PCI participating organization and will sponsor you.  The PCI-ISA certification is only valid as long as you work for the sponsoring company.  So if I quit tomorrow or get laid off, I lose the PCI-ISA cert.

If you are taking the PCI-ISA course now and are getting ready to take the exam…

Bring Your Kids to Work Day


Adrian and Cameron in the city...