Skip to main content

Samsung Sucks

First, let me reiterate: Samsung SUCKS! My wife and I purchased a 50" Samsung plasma TV in March of 2008 for about $2300. In December of 2009, the TV refused to power up. When I Googled the problem, I found that it seemed to be a common thing related to capacitors blowing out in the power supply or something. Fortunately, the TV came with a 2 year warranty, so I called Samsung and they had a repairman out within about 3-4 days. Angie said the repair guy was in and out of here in about 20 minutes. Of course, this meant that we had to take the TV down from the wall mount for the repair and then put it back up
afterward.

   Today, Angie told me she had trouble getting a picture on the screen. When I got home from work, I found that the TV wouldn't power up!! I can't even describe my frustration with Samsung on this one. If the authorized repair person doesn't ACTUALLY fix the problem, then how can I be expected to pay for the SAME repair less than a year later? Samsung says it's outside the 2 year warranty and they won't budge. I expressed my extreme dissatisfaction with Samsung and told the guy I'd never buy a Samsung again. Now I plan on spreading the word and telling all my friends (and THEIR friends) not to buy
Samsung. Jerks.

   So I'm supposed to be contacted within two days by an authorized repair person. I guess I'll find out how much the repair will be then. In the meantime, I'm going to look for the YouTube videos that showed how to fix the problem (permanently) for like 20 bucks. It involves some soldering, which I'm not the best at; and I think you have to purchase the capacitors from Radio Shack. But if worse comes to worst, I would definitely take a crack at it. I mean, it's a hunk of useless crap right now.

   Meanwhile the cheap Olevia LCD TV that I bought from my dad last year when this first happened is back up in our family room and is our main TV again.

   Friggin' Samsung!!!!!

--
Sent from my mobile device

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2005 Chrysler Town & Country Sliding Door Fix

Our driver's side power sliding door has been acting up over the past year or so.  When you press the button inside the van or use the remote key chain fob to open the door, it will usually only open a few inches and then quit.  When it first started happening it would open pretty far and then quit, so I squirted some WD-40 inside the tracks thinking that something was blocking it.  That actually seemed to buy us some time because it started working again after that.  Over the past few months, though, the door was basically not powered anymore.  It would occasionally open about 2 inches and then stop.  Once open, it wouldn't even attempt to close when you pressed the button.  And if you manually closed the door, you really had to slam it because the motor wasn't taking over to close it all the way (you'll know what I'm talking about if you have one of these). A side effect of this problem was that our power door locks also stopped working within the past two days

Bring Your Kids to Work Day

Philadelphia!! Adrian and Cameron in the city...

Camping Trip

Boy Scout camping trip to Bass River State Park. This was near the end of our 7.6 mile hike. That is Lake Absegami in the background. That's Dillon, Jason, and Adrian.